Carpet Maintenance Tips
Advantage Kwik-Dry Cleaning and Restoration, Trusted Since 1992.
Our company has been providing outstanding service and customer care to Rockford, IL and surrounding areas for over 20 years. We provide the following services:
- Commercial Cleaning and Restoration
- Premium Carpet Cleaning
- Upholstery Cleaning
- Fabric & Fiber Protection
- Tile & Grout Cleaning
- Urine Damage Treatment
- Hardwood Cleaning & Recoating
- Oriental & Area Rugs
- Drapery Cleaning
- Pet Odor Removal
- We will saturate the affected areas with our enzyme deodorizer, let it dwell. Then we have a special sub surface extraction tool that is used to extract all the way to the carpet pad.
- Major odor treatment
- This process involves pulling up the carpet in the affected area. Cleaning and treating the backing. Removing and replacing the pad. Then we treat and seal the sub floor. Finally reinstalling the carpet.
- Water Removal
- Our water damage division, Flood Pros, can help you with all of your water damage needs. We are a full service restoration company.
- Sewage Cleanup
Information below is sourced from eHow: http://www.ehow.com/info_7835899_easy-carpet-maintenance-tips.html
Carpet can be expensive. Depending the amount of traffic that goes across your carpet on a daily basis, it will probably need to be replaced every couple of years if it’s not properly maintained. While it may seem time-consuming, the cost of keeping up your carpet is cheaper than replacing it.
Place floor mats on both sides of every door. Vacuum them frequently. These mats capture a majority or dirt and sand off the bottom of shoes they step on the carpet. Keep porches, patios, and garages clean of debris, eaves and dirt.
Vacuuming keeps the amount of dirt and dust getting into your carpet to a minimum. The frequency should coincide with the amount of people using that area of your home. Heavy traffic areas in the home, such as entry ways and living area, should be vacuumed every day with a dual-motor vacuum. Lower traffic areas need to be vacuumed at least twice a week.
Extensive sun exposure can fade your carpets. Keep blinds and curtains closed in the early morning or late afternoons when the sun is brightest. Choose lighter carpet in rooms with the most sunlight.
Spills should be removed as quickly as possible to avoid absorption into the carpet. Spills, especially sticky ones, will trap dirt and make a nasty stain. When removing a stain, blot the stain up with a rag. Don’t rub; this will push it into the bed of the carpet.